A few days ago it was national chocolate cake day so I knew we had to make some fabulous cake!
I found this amazing Chocolate Quinoa Cake recipe from another blog called Making Thyme for Health. It is the moistest GF cake I have ever tried! I know what your thinking, cake made from quinoa? But let me tell you, you'll want this cake all the time!
Here's what you need:
2 cups cooked Quinoa*
1/3 cup milk
4 whole eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Chocolate frosting. You can use canned or use your own recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and then line two round cake pans {or 13x9} with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor or blender combine eggs milk and vanilla.
3. Add cooked and cooled quinoa along with melted and cooled butter and coconut oil and blend until completely smooth.
4. Sift together all dry ingredients in a bowl.{sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking power and salt.}
5. Combine the dry mixture into the wet and blend until smooth.
6. Divide mixture between the cake pans and cook for 30 minutes. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool.
7. Once the cake has cooled your ready to frost it! Place a piece of parchment paper on a cake stand. Now put your first cake on the parchment and put a scoop of frosting on the cake and spread it out. now take the second cake and place the flat part up. Now get another heaping scoop of frosting and spread it on the top of your cake and slide the frosting to the "side's" of your cake. Gently remove the parchment from under your cake. Now your cake is complete!
8. Enjoy and try not to eat the whole cake by yourself!
Amazing!!! I made it the other night, And it's still Moist! I've never had a Gluten Free Cake that's stayed moist over night! Let alone almost two day's! I loved the Cake! It was YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete